Carissa Cano, MA, LPC-S
*All appointments will be virtual via www.doxy.me/counselingbycarissa
I offer therapy, intuitive development coaching, and supervision for LPC
I believe in empowering my clients and interns to trust their intuition. The collaborative process of cultivating insight involves a delicate balance of deep listening, constructive feedback, and awareness building. Integrating a whole person approach, my goal is to help you move toward positive change and greater balance in life.
I work holistically, integrating the emotional, mental, spiritual, physiological, and neurological components while working towards the clients/interns goals in therapy or supervision.
The most important part of having a good therapy or supervision experience is the relationship between the therapist and client/intern. The client and therapist can typically tell if it’s a good fit by or before the 3rd session. At this time I only offer free 15 minute consultations for potential interns.
*Intuitive development coaching is different than traditional coaching sessions. It requires a high level of awareness and ability and motivation to do deep work.
Individual Therapy or Intuitive Development Coaching:
$135 for 50 minutes
$185 for 90 minutes
I may have a sliding scale option if the above prices do not work within your budget. If this is you, ask for availability.
*sliding scale available for individual sessions only
Couples Therapy Sessions:
$175 for 50 minutes
$225 for 90 minutes
Co-parenting Therapy Sessions:
- $185 for 50 minutes
Therapy sessions must be paid by check, cash, or credit card ($10 discount per session if using cash or check).
*Accept BCBS, PPO only: currently have 1 slot available for individual sessions
*I do not submit Superbills to other insurance carriers.
- LPC-S: Licensed Professional Counselor - Supervisor #68286
- MA Counseling, St. Edward’s University, 2011
- BA Business, University of Houston-Clear Lake, 2001
If you are running late, please call or text me and be aware that I may not be able to offer you the entire length of your session if you are arriving late. I will accommodate you to the best of my ability.
- Texas Counseling Association
- Austin Group Psychotherapy Society (AGP)
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA)
- The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (iceeft)
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
Professional Certifications and Trainings
- The Gottman Relationship institute
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Parent Educator with Positive Discipline
- Trauma healing with EMDR
- Relational Living Therapy
- Mindfulness and Self Compassion
- Somatic Experiencing
For more info: