Carissa Cano, MA, LPC-S
*Due to COVID-19 all appointments will be virtual via Doxy.me
I believe in empowering my clients to trust their intuition. The collaborative process of cultivating insight involves a delicate balance of deep listening, constructive feedback, and awareness building. Integrating a whole person approach, my goal is to help you move toward positive change and greater balance in life.
I work holistically, integrating the emotional, mental, spiritual, physiological, and neurological components while working towards the client’s goals in therapy.
The most important part of having a good therapy experience is the relationship between the therapist and client. Take the time to interview a few counselors to find the best fit for you. Contact me if you are interested in a free 20 minute in-person consultation.
$135 for 50 minutes
$185 for 90 minutes
$175 for 50 minutes
$225 for 90 minutes
- $185 for 50 minutes
Therapy sessions must be paid by check, cash, or credit card ($10 discount per session if using cash or check).
*Currently not accepting new insurance clients
*I accept BCBS, PPO only, and I do not submit Superbills to other insurance carriers. Before contacting me, please call your BCBS insurance and confirm eligibility for Telehealth counseling with me and make sure your deductible has been met.
- LPC-S: Licensed Professional Counselor - Supervisor #68286
- MA Counseling, St. Edward’s University, 2011
- BA Business, University of Houston-Clear Lake, 2001
If you are running late, please call or text me and be aware that I may not be able to offer you the entire length of your session if you are arriving late. I will accommodate you to the best of my ability.
- Texas Counseling Association
- Austin Group Psychotherapy Society (AGP)
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA)
- The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (iceeft)
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
Professional Certifications and Trainings
- The Gottman Relationship institute
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Parent Educator with Positive Discipline
- Trauma healing with EMDR
- Relational Living Therapy
- Mindfulness and Self Compassion
- Somatic Experiencing